Senior or Principal Product Manager - Growth & Commercial
Following a period of acquisition, expansion and diversification that has taken us from a pure B2B2C company to a B2C marketplace and vertically integrated student travel provider, Verve has an increasing number of exciting growth and commercial opportunities which require the leadership of a senior product manager. Reporting to the VP product, this role will have an impact across all three of our product lines (Verve Core, Student Experiences and Pollen) and you will be expected to be someone who learns rapidly and is able to make great decisions under uncertainty using a mixture of data, qualitative research and product instinct. You will be comfortable with a constantly evolving list of projects and priorities and enjoy working at pace, context switching and stakeholder persuasion as you engage with different teams and opportunities around the business.
For the right person this is a fantastic chance to have a tangible impact across a business that is rapid scaling across the globe. You will quickly become an indispensable member of the growth, marketing, commercial strategy and product teams and be asked to participate in problem solving of every variety, demonstrating how product thinking can have an impact on process, strategy and product development alike. If you are a product person who loves working in cross-functional teams, wants exposure to the commercial and strategic side of growing a start up and is experienced in taking a problem from first discovery through to live within a high growth startup environment then this is the role for you!
- Be the product owner in a small, nimble ‘Growth & Commercial’ product team, working alongside a talented designer and several top tier engineers, operating in a dual track discovery and development model. You will be building relationships, understanding strategy and gathering opportunities from across the business for your team’s roadmap and will own the prioritisation of these to deliver maximum strategic value. You will focus on learning and discovery before building to deliver the best results against your roadmap.
- Be the product partner for our VP Growth and VP Brand & Marketing to identify, understand and answer the product needs of the growth and marketing teams. You will examine these needs with a curious but critical eye to understand what the minimum viable capability / solution is in order to empower these teams to succeed as rapidly as possible.
- Join the commercial strategy squad to ensure that all opportunities and partnerships are examined through a product lens.
- You will add value to the squad and a strong creative vision for the ways in which we can work with potential commercial partners (e.g. Facebook) that adds value on both sides. Once such partnerships have been agreed, you will either execute upon these with your own development team, or work with the VP Product and CPO to identify the best route to achieve the goals of the partnership in the required timelines.
- You will lead the discovery and validation process for new opportunities, conducting hands on research and analysis to ensure product market fit and identify the problems to be solved for us to achieve success. Where these opportunities sit directly within an existing product line focus, you will collaborate with the PMs in product lines to incorporate them into existing backlogs.
- Step in and act as the product manager on ad hoc projects that we need to turn around at speed, going rapidly from discovery to design to development and applying an appropriate prioritisation framework to ensure what we deliver is solving the right problems. Examples of the type of projects you might work on:
- Redevelopment of our Verve mobile App which allows ambassadors to sell tickets for our clients on the move
- Development of a B2B marketing website to help drive inside sales efforts for our B2B2C product
- Development of a reporting product for clients that helps influence their behaviour and thereby increase our revenue from each individual client
- Creation of an in-destination app for travellers within our JusCollege student travel brand
- Take ownership of a major project within the product team and deliver tangible improvements in this area in your first 6 months (examples of the type of project you might work on include: Getting us closer to our customer, Improving internal feedback loops, developing our product marketing capability)
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday you want to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £80,000-95,000 dependent on experience + equity