Director of Business Intelligence
Verve is looking for an experienced leader to oversee its global business intelligence operations. You will be responsible for building and leading a team of data-savvy, business-minded, and always curious analysts that are dedicated to enabling and empowering teams to make data-driven decisions. As the Director of Business Intelligence, you will oversee our BI platform servicing both internal and external teams with powerful insights that drive meaningful change. You will partner closely with the data engineering team to ensure we’re collecting and translating data in a business stakeholder-friendly way.
Your mission will be to cultivate a “data first” culture at Verve. Your team will help to breakdown and solve complex business problems and transform the way the company think about data.
What you will achieve in the next 12 months
- Continue to buildout and lead the business intelligence function that’s empowering Verve’s global business units to explore our datasets
- Oversee and evolve our BI tool (Looker) ensuring that we’re utilizing best reporting practices and creating a scalable BI solution that meets the needs of multiple product lines
- Work with the data engineering team to ensure we’re collecting and transforming data in a consistent manner while maintaining the highest caliber of data integrity; serve as the liaison between business owners and the tech team, ensuring that data needs are being properly briefed and prioritized
- Transform the BI team into an approachable and key partner for business and product owners; proactively meet with teams to understand pressing issues and architect better ways of delivering insights that can drive positive change
- Develop and maintain a BI ticketing and prioritization system that’s stakeholder friendly and allows the team to efficiently solve inquiries
- Oversee the BI roadmap to ensure we’re always meeting stakeholder needs and are transparent with our progress
- Oversee adhoc analytics requests and data projects that help us achieve our goal of being a “data first” company
What skills and experience you’ll need the most
- Experience building out and leading BI/analytics teams at scale-up tech organizations; preferably with a B2C or B2B2C product.
- Experience implementing and maintaining Looker as a scalable BI platform
- SQL guru that has a passion for coaching analysts and building out all-star teams
- Ability to understand complex business problems and break them down into solvable chunks for business intelligence and data engineering teams
- Excellent communicator that knows how to manage other teams’ needs and get buy-in from critical stakeholders
- Ability to buildout and troubleshoot API’s
- Experience working with Salesforce or another similar CRM tool a huge plus
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.