This is a great opportunity to join one of the fastest growing startups where you'll work across music, sports, travel & live events . With six offices across Europe and North America, this role will be based out of London. Our Cofounders were listed in 2019 Forbes 30 under 30 and we have huge growth plans for 2019.
Verve is building a global platform that enables advocates to sell the products they love to their friends, working in distributed product teams. You’ll be working in an inclusive team that values collaboration and learning in a company growing rapidly and taking on new challenges. As an Engineering Manager you will focus on growth of engineers working at Verve, driving success of the engineering function and building a world-class team.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Lead and grow the existing engineering team by delivering mastery coaching and support for all direct reports, maintaining our high retention rate of top performing staff and ensuring direct reports receive timely and actionable feedback that ensures high performance across engineering
- Grow the team to meet new challenges by improving our hiring practices as well as attracting, interviewing and grading great candidates
- Help Verve become a recognisable talent brand in the technical community by helping to shape our online and community event presence
- Support our developer community with a focus on shared learning, improving engineering practices and knowledge sharing
- Support and coach team leads in building happy, inclusive and high-performing teams that deliver value to our customers
- Work with product, design and engineering teams to support them in defining and delivering functional goals
- Intentionally foster an inclusive culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, ownership and mastery across our Engineering organisation
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We've established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £85k base + equity