Product Operations Manager - Travel Product Team
Based in Las Vegas and reporting to the London-based VP Product, this role will be specifically focused on Verve Travel. Following multiple acquisitions in the North American student travel space, Verve has an exciting opportunity to provide students all over the world with the best travel experience. We’ve started the merger into the parent company and, as a result, processes need to be documented, streamlined and better supported by technology to allow us to scale at a fast pace. You will be expected to be curious and a fast learner. You will be comfortable with a constantly evolving list of priorities and requests and enjoy working at pace, context switching and stakeholder persuasion as you engage with different teams and opportunities around the business. You will be good at reducing the noise and focus on the most valuable opportunities.
For the right person, this is a fantastic opportunity as a route into Product Management and the right candidate will have a tangible impact across a tech business that is rapid scaling across the globe. You will quickly become an indispensable member of the Travel team and be asked to participate and take ownership in critical problem solving. If you are an analytical, detail-oriented person who loves working in cross-functional, cross-geographical teams and has demonstrable experience solving complex processes, we want to hear from you!
In your first 12 months you will:
- Shadow and support key people in the Travel operation; observe, understand and document the processes being used and use this knowledge to identify areas of opportunity for technology to enhance or optimise these processes. Use your understanding and relationships to support the technology team in designing solutions, inputting into the prioritisation of work by clearly articulating which processes are most critical and where technology can have the largest impact. As much a possible, recommend solutions that will be standardised across our travel brands.
- Track core business metrics related to travel operations, drawing insights that allow you to create a quarterly “state of x team” report, showing a clear understanding the ever changing needs of the teams you work with through shadowing, workshops, and more.
- Where the implementation of technology requires an adaptation of offline process, propose and defend these process improvements or changes to key stakeholders and work closely with the process managers to implement and measure success of the implementation.
- Find the right level of actionable documentation, without going to the extreme: we’re not looking for process manuals but an easy way to digest how thing work that allows the most effective design of software to support these processes. Own keeping this process documentation up to date and communicating effectively with stakeholders when things change.
- Be a liaison between the Technology and Operations teams and make sure our product solutions match business operations. Work closely with Operations and raise operational issues to Product team, prioritising the critical and strategic ones.
- Support in developing a backlog and prioritising tasks for the third party developer of our travel ERP.
- Become an expert on all aspects of our software solution, and act as frontline help desk for the Operations teams.
- Develop end-to-end product rollout plans, and project-manage implementation for your areas of focus
- Make a measurable impact on the teams you support. You’ll be focused on areas like the on time delivery of projects, how quickly teams adopt new process, how much (eligible) process is automated or made more efficient.
- Ensure that there are no issues post-launch of a new experiment or product, or quick-fix them through to full completion
- Run ongoing on-ground product training for all users of our travel software tools.
- Travel frequently to London, UK and Toronto, CA - directionally, one week every 2 months. Additionally, some days might start early in order to overlap and work with the London team.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday you want to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.