Director of Sales Development, Verve Travel
Does the idea of architecting a leadership culture, plus supporting the growth and development for an industry defining sales organization energize you? Verve, the leader in peer-to-peer travel and event marketing, needs an experienced Director of Sales Development to dramatically impact the scaling, personnel and leadership development of our North American sales team. Our company culture values and rewards creativity, ownership, teamwork, and self-development in ways that you can only imagine right now.
What You'll Do:
Working from our Los Angeles Arts District office or our Henderson, NV office, you will bring your sales development leadership expertise to our vibrant cross-functional, international team as you excel in your mission to create and drive a leadership and continued education culture within sales taking into account our speed of growth and necessity to always maintain a brilliant customer experience.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Work with the VP Sales, Verve Travel and Head of Coaching, Verve, to develop a Leadership culture that continually recognizes, prepares and develops our leaders of the future
- Create a Sales Development Plan that provides the construct and execution of a continuing education program for Verve Travel sales, across multiple organization levels and employee roles, and in alignment with our company culture
- Define and implement systems and processes to create a user-friendly, efficient and well-used eLearning platform
- Expand on our inaugural VerveU (currently branded sales education facility) new hire training program, to encompass a complete VerveU experience for the career-time value of Verve Travel sales employees
- Measure overall team development and performance by determining key metrics and KPI’s to understand impact on attrition, productivity and leadership progression
- Proven record of successfully building talent development programs for an aggressively scaling sales organization, from the ground up
- Very good knowledge and understanding of CRM platforms (Salesforce.com being ideal), and LMS/eLearning systems and process
- Experience using data points to inform and drive decision making, contributing to achieving KPIs
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in a way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.