Senior Software Engineer
Responsible for building and operating services that power the StreetTeam product.
We need a Senior Engineer to contribute significantly to the software and system design of our services - not only through programming and design, but also through coaching, code review, and best practice.
Participate in an agile product team of engineers, building and operating our systems. You will build, scale, and operate a multi-tiered system separated by APIs, promoting best practice.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Contribute to the design and build of new services as part of an agile team, with an API-first mentality, ensuring that our standards are high and that we can scale and flex the systems
- Reviewing our existing PHP-based systems with the intention of designing and building new, scalable, Python alternatives
- Gain an understanding of our business, our clients, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgement to make autonomous decisions
- Promote and use automation and good testing practice to ensure we can keep quality high as we grow
- Use modern runtimes and frameworks as appropriate to make sure we're secure, modern, productive, and a great place to write software
- Improve our development environment and documentation so that we remain effective as we scale the team
- Grow and participate in a DevOps culture that takes production seriously and advocates sensible, scalable, systems design
You’ll be joining the company at an exciting time. Having just closed a major round of funding, we're building our London based engineering team from the ground up and you’ll have an opportunity to be one of the first people to join a growing team of highly experienced engineers where you’ll share in the business’ continued growth.
StreetTeam believes in freedom and ownership with the focus entirely on the value you create– there are no set hours, meetings are optional and you can take as much holiday as you need. We only care about the results you deliver. We are free-thinking, fast learners who want to inspire change. Are you?
StreetTeam care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.