Senior Software Engineer
Responsible for building and operating services that power the Verve product.
Verve is building a global platform that enables advocates to sell the products they love to their friends. We are rebuilding our entire platform using Python, Django, GraphQL and universal React.js and we need multiple Senior Engineers to join our team and contribute significantly to the software and system design of our services - not only through programming and design, but also through coaching, code review, and best practice.
Participate in an agile product team of engineers, building and operating our systems. You will build, scale, and operate a multi-tiered system separated by APIs, promoting best practice.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Contribute to the design and build of new services as part of an agile team, with an API-first mentality, ensuring that our standards are high and that we can scale and flex the systems
- Collaborate with engineers, product and design teams, working on new features and services, ensuring that everything we build results in a great experience for our users and their fans
- Gain an understanding of our business, our clients, and our domain, allowing you to use your judgement to make autonomous decisions
- Promote and use automation and good testing practice to ensure we can keep quality high as we grow
- Use modern runtimes and frameworks as appropriate to make sure we're secure, modern, productive, and a great place to write software
- Improve our development environment and documentation so that we remain effective as we scale the team
- Grow and participate in a DevOps culture that takes production seriously and advocates sensible, scalable, systems design
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Vert care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £50k-£60k base + equity; unlimited holiday; remote-friendly environment