Senior Frontend Engineer
Responsible for the development and maintenance of our people-facing user experience, working with Backend Engineering to craft great services and experiences.
We need a Senior Frontend Engineer to prototype, test, and engineer great customer experiences as we look to decouple our monoliths and modernise our stack.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Lead and support the development of web and mobile interfaces using modern responsive/hybrid approaches
- Build out our core product experience, creating great mobile-first user experiences, extracting and refactoring common components into a shared library, and interacting with a GraphQL backend
- Collaborate with engineers, product and design teams, working on new features and services, ensuring that everything we build results in a great experience for our users and their fans
- Own the quality of your own work, ensuring appropriate testing and quality approaches are taken
- Closely monitor our site’s performance in target user agents/platforms, and contribute ideas on how to improve performance and set budgets
- Participate in and learn from a migration into microservices
- Assist in hiring and retaining a world class team of Frontend Engineers
- Support production systems, being part of an on-call rota
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £60k-£80k base + equity