Dutch Speaking - Festival Community Manager Internship
Start Date: September 2017
Location: London, SE11
Salary: £12 per hour
Job Type: Part-Time
Are you up for working with some of the biggest Music Festivals in the world?
Verve is building a global network of advocates that brands can leverage to sell their products and services. We work with over 200 of the biggest music events around the world and have established a beachhead in live entertainment. We want to continue to dominate this market, while beginning to explore others such as sports and travel.
You will take on the role of a Community Manager and be responsible for managing the advocates for some of the biggest Festivals in the Netherlands.
What you’ll do during your Internship:
- Successfully call and on-board new and past advocates to campaigns that you’re assigned so that they understand what being an advocate entails, the rules and understand how to make sales
- Build and maintain relationships with thousands of advocates across your different campaigns through regular communication via phone call, text and social media
- Develop a knowledge of the events you are working on and the best practices to manage advocates to ensure they are are well informed and that sales targets are reached
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Exceptional organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication with high attention to detail
- Have an interest in live entertainment and events
- Be competent with Microsoft Office in particular Microsoft Excel
- Practiced user of different Social Media channels
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We've established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.