Verve is building a global platform that enables advocates to sell the products they love to their friends.
We’ve rebuilt our entire platform using Python, Django, GraphQL and universal React.js and we need an Engineering Manager to join our team and support our engineering teams to work the way that’s best for them as we grow the company. People are our most important asset, and we need to ensure that they have the right feedback, coaching, and range of experience to find their mastery and be successful at Verve.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Get to deeply understand our people, business and product, helping to make our teams autonomous and responsible
- Ensure that the personal and professional development of the engineers in our team is prioritised and effective
- Contribute to the company-wide culture and people work, always advocating for your people and our values as we grow
- Conduct regular 1:1s, both with your team and with other parts of the company, in order to give and receive constructive and actionable feedback
- Promote a culture of collaboration and openness, embodying Verve's foundation of trust and autonomy
- Help our CTO and other executives with planning and process improvements
- Grow our engineering team by helping to hire outstanding people
- Foster an environment of learning for the team and act as a mentor for the engineers
- Help with co-ordination and delivery of technical initiatives across the company, acting as a leader outside your own group
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We've established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £80k-£90k base + equity