Senior Engineer in Test
Responsible for building automation frameworks, tools and designing and implementing tests to run in continuous integration, you will be our first dedicated Engineer in Test. You collaborate with other like-minded members of a small cross-functional team working closely alongside other engineers, designers and product owners to ensure that every release is of the highest quality.
You'll lead and oversee an existing team of contract testers, building on their work and making the processes your own.
Participate in an agile environment with autonomous product teams who build and operate all our core product. As we scale both our business and our teams, we want to maintain and increase our quality levels, as promoted and championed by you.
In the first 12 months of joining you will:
- Collaborate with product owners and tech leads to build quality in from the definition of a feature
- Spearhead our move to automate as much testing as possible so that we can embrace continuous delivery
- Define our browser testing strategy, balancing assurance and speed
- Maintain quality and speed of delivery as we roll out microservices
- Lead an existing team of Test Automation Engineers developing testing best practices and maintaining stability of end-to-end tests
- Help define sensible metrics which allow us to continually improve the quality of our services
- Consult with engineers on best practice within their testing, leading by example
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £50k-£60k base + equity