Community Manager for Festivals and Events, Intern
Are you a recent college or soon to be college grad with a passion for live events? If the answer is yes, then this is the position for you! You will take on the role of a Community Manager Intern – this entails managing a community of ambassadors for some of the biggest events in North America. This internship period is from January – December, with the possibility be extended into a full time role.
Verve is a software company building a global network of ambassadors that brands can leverage to sell their products and services. We work with over 200 of the biggest events around the world and have established a beachhead in live entertainment. We want to continue to dominate this market, while beginning to explore others. Take on the exciting role of managing our relationships with ambassadors, managing our social accounts and teaching them how to use our software in North America.
Salary: $24,000 + Bonus
What you’ll do in 12 months
- Master the use of our software product within the first month so that you can, be the expert trainer to all Ambassadors in your portfolio of 10+ Festival Ambassador Campaigns within 1 month
- Build and nurture relationships with top selling ambassadors to ensure they are satisfied with their experience, therefore retaining them for the following year
- Hit the ground running communicating with 1000s of Ambassadors via phone call, text, and social media, giving clear and accurate information in a timely and personable manner.
- Within 1 month be able to collect and provide useful and actionable Ambassador feedback to the Head of Community, regarding how to optimize each campaign that you're assigned
- Provide support to the ambassadors such that the ambassadors sell enough tickets to hit their reward targets as measured by 15% of all ambassadors earning at least 1 reward within 6 months
- Exceptional organizational skills; able to work on multiple projects at once
- Excellent verbal and written communication with high attention to detail
- Have an interest in live entertainment and events
- Be competent with Microsoft Office, and exceptional in Excel
- Practiced user of different Social Media channels
- Excellent phone manner and articulation; comfortable cold-calling customers
- Results-driven, motivated by commission
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We've established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we are also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom, ownership and mastery.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.