Senior Product Designer
We’re hunting for product-focused senior design talent to wrestle big problems, make frictionless flows, build aspirational habits and grow the most beautiful interfaces from the humblest of sketches.
Design at Verve is core to everything we do, so expect high level grab-a-sharpie idea generation through to fully researched user-tested-wireframed experience design through to open-up-sketch-dirt-under-your-nails pixel wrangling. It’s cross-disciplined and multi-skilled. You’ll theorise, test and validate. You’ll own your ideas end to end.
We’re less excited in someone having the right degree - we’re more excited about someone who is high energy, has proven talent, and is excited to solve tricky problems.
In the next 12 months you will:
* Reimagine, refine, iterate and lead the design of our many web and app products by combining your hard-won product skills with brutally honest user feedback and expansive data driven research.
* Become the creative go-to in a multi-skilled team of developers, product managers and stakeholders.
* Contribute to - and create from scratch - scaleable strategies, user flows, frameworks, behaviours, wireframes, prototypes, libraries and iconography. You’ll switch effortlessly between low and high definition and you’ll know the best time to make that switch.
* Design elegant and impactful experiences that solve problems for our digital-native and mobile first users.
* Bring your significant experience into the broader design team - share your knowledge and tools, lead critique, create workshops, curate opinions and drive retrospectives.
* Be an advocate for best-in-class design - but be humble to our users and stakeholders day-to-day needs.
* Be the ‘source of truth’ for one or more of our core products. UX, flows, visuals, behaviours, metrics - you’ll understand it all, own it all, and you’ll be constantly defining the best way to communicate it all.
* Take something from zero to one - and take complete responsibility for it’s success (our failure) in the wild.
Make sure to send us your CV, links to previous work, Medium posts or personal URL so we can get a sense for your design process and how you communicate it.
Verve is building a platform which enables everyone to sell products they love to their friends in exchange for rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, such as Bestival, Bonnaroo, Reading & Leeds Festival, Formula One, Tough Mudder and more. We’re continuing to expand rapidly within this market while also exploring other opportunities.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to work in a way that enables you to deliver the best results. You determine your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and how much holiday you take in order to be at your best and create the most value.
Salary: Competitive + Equity
Verve cares deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.