Senior Product Manager / Product Owner
Verve is building a global platform that enables ambassadors to sell the products they love to their friends in return for experience-enhancing rewards. Our software already powers the ambassador programmes for some of the biggest music, festival and events brands in the world and we are now turning our attention to the sport and travel space. Working on top of an existing product that has already been hugely successful in student group travel, we need an exceptional senior product manager who will be responsible for both optimising the existing product and developing new product solutions to enhance the role of advocacy in the package sale process.
In the first 12 months you will:
Define and deliver a high quality MVP of the Verve solution for travel ambassadors by early July 2018 and iterate upon this through the summer to maximise revenue
- In your first 30 days you will work alongside the CPO and Principal Engineer to conduct a detailed discovery process, build out a customer journey map and determine how we can rapidly transition the existing student rep population onto the Verve platform.
- Backed up by this discovery work you will define an MVP product roadmap and communicate it clearly to all stakeholders. In this time you will have: worked with design to create a beautiful, usable customer experience; technology to define a scalable, practical but efficient technology solution; and leadership to ensure the solution designed will allow the business to maximise the immediate revenue opportunity
- You will act as the agile product owner with a product development team, actively managing the development process so the team delivers against your roadmap to release a high quality working solution for travel ambassadors by early July 2018
- You will closely measure the products performance, and use this to drive a roadmap of rapid iterations and improvements to maximise 2018 travel revenue
Develop the vision and roadmap for our full ambassador travel solution by September 2018
- Work with cross-functional specialists across the business to understand (and where appropriate document) the end to end process for creating and selling travel packages and how ambassador programmes can maximise the revenue opportunity for Verve.
- Evaluate the existing product and look for opportunities to simplify, streamline, augment or otherwise improve the system and processes, ensuring a laser focus on ROI and revenue at all times.
- Communicate and get buy in from leadership for your 12m vision for the product, defining the key milestones for achieving this vision as well as the resourcing and budget requirements and measures you will use to track success.
Become the expert in the needs of our travel users and evangelise for their needs, ensuring that functions across the business can benefit from your understanding
- Conduct in depth market research, interviews, surveys and focus groups to form a clear understanding of who our travel ambassadors and travel customers are and what they need from our product
- Combine qualitative research with quantitative data from within the product to inform the development of both technology and processes.
- Collaborate with our UX Research Lead to build out a process, system or approach for documenting and sharing your insights across the broader business
- An experienced B2C or B2B2C product owner, with 4+ years of direct product management experience. Experience in marketplaces and/or travel highly desirable.
- A start-up veteran, with demonstrable experience in a high growth start-up environment
- Highly analytical, extremely customer driven and relentlessly hard-working
- Willing to travel (maximum expectation of 2-3 weeks in every quarter)
- You will be working with a west coast US based team, so must be willing to work some time shifted days!
Verve is building a platform which enables everyone to sell products they love to their friends in exchange for rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, such as Bestival, Bonnaroo, Reading & Leeds Festival, Formula One, Tough Mudder and more. We’re continuing to expand rapidly within this market while also exploring other opportunities.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to work in a way that enables you to deliver the best results. You determine your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and how much holiday you take in order to be at your best and create the most value.