Head of People
Reporting into the VP of People, this role will oversee all things People related for our quickly expanding team in North America across our offices in Las Vegas, LA, and Austin. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to make a big impact within a highly talented, rapidly scaling tech company. In this role you’ll act as HR Business Partner, in-house recruiting advisor, culture champion, and People process implementor for our entire North America organisation. You’ll have constant access and mentoring with our senior teams in the US and in London, but we’re looking for someone who is able to problem solve and achieve our business goals by creating their own road map. As part of our People team, your #1 goal is to help grow an exceptional team that drives Verve’s success.
In this role you will:
- Be a trusted advisor to employees and managers providing coaching and support to help them deliver their best work every day
- Be responsible for implementing external coaching, as well as using your knowledge of the business and people skills to influence and guide the teams in making day-to-day decisions on hiring, compensation, employee development, and employee relations issues
- You’ll learn the business and culture inside and out such that you are able to provide partnership and guidance (not HR best practices) to business leaders and their teams.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the organization, supporting employees through our rapid growth and evolution, and partnering with managers and the VP of People to ensure that we are always improving and reflecting on our Talent practices and strategies
- Partner with a variety of stakeholders (People team, Legal, Leadership, etc.) to conduct investigations, provide counsel, and facilitate prompt, fair, and effective resolution when workplace concerns arise so that we consistently deliver a positive employee experience.
- Analyze our talent data and provide constant feedback to our leadership team so that we can be sure we’re developing proactive strategies to scale our culture, solutions, programs, and policies.
- Drive planning and implementation of company-wide HR initiatives in North America
The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and thoughtful leader - someone who is highly collaborative and develops creative solutions to complex challenges. The right person for this role will:
- Have a passion and curiosity for Verve's business and future growth
- Have recruiting experience so that you can oversee our interviewing and on-boarding processes in North America
- Have 7+ years experience in a people focused role (we’re open to a wide range of experiences and backgrounds: some relevant roles could include: a HRBP within a tech organization, a consultant who has worked in scaling organizations, an L&OD coach or consultant who’s worked within start-ups, or someone who had previously run their own company).
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to coach, influence, and partner with various levels of employees
- Be available for occasional travel to our office in London and offices across North America
- Adapt at juggling and prioritizing competing work streams in a fast paced environment
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Our software already powers the ambassador programmes for some of the biggest music brands in the world and we are now turning our attention to the travel space. Working with an incredible senior team who have successfully grown the business to number 1 in the advocacy market, the Head of People who will be responsible for building out and supporting the US team that covers both the event and travel side of our advocacy software to enable us to supercharge growth in this space.