Head of Legal
Work closely with the C-suite and our business, finance and product teams to enable the company to deliver on its goals whilst maintaining a prudent approach to legal obligations and risk management.
In the next 6 months you will:
- Collaborate with management to provide counsel and devise effective strategies across a variety of legal areas including commercial, privacy, employment, IP and corporate law
- Lead the drafting and review of agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company maintains sound legal rights over its assets and operations particularly with respect to data and intellectual property
- Own the business’ relationship with outside counsel, driving efficiencies and leveraging our interactions with different firms to maximize the value of advice we receive for the fees we pay
- Take a leading role in the preparation and negotiation of strategic partnership agreements and work with our sales and operations teams to optimize our global client-side commercial contracting
- Work closely with the CFO to ensure Verve maintains corporate best practice and robust compliance procedures with respect to its board, external stakeholders and regulatory bodies
- Be responsible for the research and evaluation of different risk factors associated with our business operations
- Participate as a key member of the fundraising team to help secure the financing needs of the business as it grows
You’ll be joining the company at an exciting time: we’re closing a major acquisition, expanding into new verticals and building a global platform. You’ll have the opportunity to work with world class, dedicated people who are aligned around the massive ambitions of the business.
Verve believes in freedom and ownership with the focus entirely on the value you create– there are no set hours, meetings are optional and you can take as much holiday as you need. We only care about the results you deliver.