Channel Strategy Manager
If you're an all-rounder with strategic flair and an analytical mind, and are looking for the perfect jump into the start-up world, then this is the role for you.
Verve has established itself as the global leader in advocacy marketing for the live events industry. The Channel Strategy team has been established to help identify, validate, test and prepare to scale Verve’s next billion dollar opportunities.
You’ll be joining our entrepreneurial team within the wider business, helping apply Verve’s peer-to-peer advocacy model to new verticals including music touring, spectator sports, group travel and beauty; enter new geographical markets; and identify the key channel partnerships that will best help us achieve our growth ambitions.
You should be whip-smart, analytical, able to apply yourself to a multitude of tasks, and a brilliant communicator. You will be tasked with helping Verve understand where the greatest opportunities lie for the business through comprehensive analysis, developing and testing new client and customer propositions, winning our first clients, and assessing how our product and operations need to adapt to help us scale.
- What will you achieve in the next 12 months?
- Identify opportunities - you’ll identify the biggest opportunities for Verve to expand its business - combining desk analysis with custom quantitative & qualitative research - and communicate your findings in a highly structured way to the rest of the business.
- Validate propositions - you’ll develop new client and customer propositions, build compelling sales collateral, and pitch to new clients to gain a clearer understanding of their needs.
- Test with real life campaigns - you’ll take an iterative test and learn approach to our new business verticals, optimising and analysing real life campaigns to understand how we maximise sales for our clients, working in a cross-functional squad for your vertical.
- Scale new business verticals - you’ll have an understanding of every function across the business and what we’ll need to put in place across our product, operations and teams to truly scale our next billion dollar opportunities - for Sports, Travel or our marketplace, Pollen.
- Whip smart - we’re looking for candidates with a keen intellect, who are able to learn the things they don’t know fast
- Adaptable - everyday is different in a startup, and as part of the Channel Strategy team you’ll be expected to apply yourself over a wide array of different tasks on a daily basis
- Analytical - we’re a data driven technology company. You’ll be expected to use data to make reasoned judgements in everything you do.
- Entrepreneurial - as Channel Strategy Manager you’ll learn all of the fundamental skills of being a successful entrepreneur. We expect you to have an ambition and drive to succeed, and the ability to spot new opportunities and execute brilliantly. You will never be comfortable, there is lots of room to grow.
- A brilliant communicator - you’ll collaborate with every function of the business at Verve, and be presenting to potential clients every week. You need to have honed your communication skills to articulate your ideas clearly.
- Hustle - we need someone who's willing to muck in and get their hands dirty, who's not afraid of doing some leg work in order to reap the results later down the line.
- Passionate about technology - you’ll be joining one of the most innovative and best funded startups in London. It’s imperative you have a love for and an understanding of digital technology.
- A team player - we like eachother at Verve and work hard to foster a great work environment where everyone can succeed. It’s important to us that you fit in well with our team ethos.
- Ideal experience - we’re open to different types of experience if you fit the role, but the perfect candidate would be associate level at a consulting firm or larger technology company looking to step out into the startup world.
- Ability to travel - we’re already a global team, with offices across Europe and the US. As our business expands you may be expected to travel overseas regularly and will be based out of our new Los Angeles office.
- Nice to haves - domain knowledge in our new verticals of clubbing, sports and travel would be a plus, but we expect any candidate to understand these industries quickly.
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio globally. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology in the Sports and Travel verticals.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.