Senior Fullstack Engineer
Verve is building a global platform that enables advocates to sell the products they love to their friends. Our entire service is built using Python 3, Django, GraphQL, React.js and SASS and we need a Senior Fullstack Engineer to join our team and contribute significantly to the software and system design of our services. You’ll be working in an inclusive team that values collaboration and learning in a company growing rapidly and taking on new challenges.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Contribute towards our company success by growing our existing platform using React.js, GraphQL, Relay, Apollo, SASS, Python 3 and Django on top of multiple internal services and including external APIs (including integrate various ticketing providers and payment processing platforms)
- Collaborate with product, design and other teams to gain sufficient business understanding to serve the needs of our clients, customers and colleagues and to support your team members in delivering solutions
- Balance the trade-offs of delivering sustainable code that provides an excellent customer experience in a fast-paced startup environment
- Model good leadership behaviour by engaging in peer to peer feedback and code reviews to foster a healthy, collaborative engineering culture as measured by Spotify-style squad health checks
- Use test automation and agile practices to deliver features continuously to production, measured by feedback and daily releases going smoothly
- Be trusted with access to all of our production systems and improve our DevOps culture by participating in daily releases and technical customer support rota
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £65k-£75k base + equity; unlimited holiday