Junior Backend Engineer
Verve is building a global platform that enables advocates to sell the products they love to their friends. Our entire service is built using Python 3, Django, GraphQL, React.js and SASS and we'd love a Junior Backend Engineer to join our team and contribute to the growth of our services. You’ll be working in an inclusive team that values collaboration and learning in a company that's growing rapidly and taking on new challenges.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Learn new technologies (Django, GraphQL, APIs) and best practices by using your Python knowledge to build small features and fixing bugs that contribute towards your team goals while supported by your mentor and the rest of the team
- Reach out and collaborate with your mentor whenever you feel stuck after trying to solve new problems on your own
- Proactively communicate and demonstrate your progress to your team
- Participate in a team and company wide meetings to gain understanding of our clients, customers and internal users needs which will help you implement solutions that solve their problems
- Learn best practices about test automation and agile to deliver features continuously to production and provide an excellent customer experience
- Be trained to use and debug all of our production systems and take part in our DevOps culture by participating in daily releases with a help from a more senior member of the team
- Participate in a collaborative engineering culture by engaging in peer to peer feedback and code reviews to support the continuous improvement of your team as measured by Spotify squad health checks
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £35k-£45k base + equity; unlimited holiday