Sports Sales Director - Los Angeles
Looking to help pro sports teams sell thousands more tickets and join one of the fasted growing startups in live events? We’re looking for a Sports Sales Director to take a proven live event ticket sales model and bring it to professional sports.
Fans have sold more than 500k tickets to some of the best music festivals in the world through Verve’s software, including Bonnaroo, Beyond Wonderland, Electric Zoo, and hundreds more. We recently closed an $18m round of funding with an express objective of establishing advocacy programs in professional sports, and our developers are building the technology required to make that possible.
We’re the best there is at running advocacy programs, and we’re looking for someone that lives and breathes the sports world to bring domain expertise. You’ll work with our Director of Strategic Accounts as the ‘tip of the spear’ establishing advocacy in the sports market.
Over the next 12 months you’ll:
- Tailor our proposition and pitch so it best fulfils the needs of major league sports franchises
- Sign contracts with major league sports teams to sell tickets through advocacy programs
- Work with our client success teams to track campaign performance and iterate rapidly to make 2018-19 a real revenue driver
- Use your experience within professional sports to influence the direction developers take to build the best tool possible for teams
- Travel regularly to meet teams in person from all major leagues - NBA, NHL, MLS, MLB, NFL
What background will you have?
We’re looking for someone that understands the in’s and out’s of the business of pro sports teams. Maybe you’ve managed the group sales department for a team, maybe you’ve sold ticketing or analytics software to them. Domain experience is a must.
- Entrepreneurial - we expect you to have ambition, the drive to succeed, and the ability to get work done without being micromanaged.
- Great communicator - you’ll collaborate with multiple functions within Verve and be presenting to potential clients regularly.
- Passion for technology - you’re joining an cutting edge startup and it’s important that you have a love for innovative technology.
- A team player - Verve has a collaborative culture an invests heavily in team building and shared success.
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We've established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for major sports franchises to connect directly with their biggest fans.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of vacation to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
- Competitive startup salary & equity options
- Results only working environment - we believe the results of your work matter more than how many hours you spend in the office
- Unlimited vacation - we want you at the top of your game, so it’s important you take time off when you need it. Plus we all head off together one week a year for a working retreat.
- Great office environment - Coffee, tea, lunches, fitness classes.
- Training and development opportunities - at Verve we believe in freedom, ownership and mastery. We’ll invest to make you the best you can be.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.