Sales Director Scandinavia & Eastern Europe
DescriptionWant to be a pioneer in opening new markets in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe? Want to be part of one the fastest growing startups with a proven sales model in event advocacy? If you want to contribute to something big and transformative, love to work remotely and want to put your stamp on something – this is your job! We’re looking for a super-motivated, highly experienced Sales Director. You’ll play a lead role in helping the organisation to grow the business, and help us tell promoters in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe about our innovative concept. This is an opportunity for someone that lives and breathes the event world to bring domain expertise and wants to play a critical (and broad) role in driving our global success. You’ll work directly with our Sales Director Europe. Verve is the world’s leading word-of-mouth sales platform. Fans have sold more than 500k tickets to the biggest events worldwide through our software, including Live Nation, FKP Scorpio, AEG and hundreds more. We recently closed an $18m round of funding with an express objective of establishing advocacy programs in new markets in Europe… which is where you come in.
Over the next 12 months, you’ll:
- Sign contracts with the biggest events to sell tickets through advocacy programs and build a successful business
- Travel regularly to meet promoters in person
- Get up to speed on the product, our clients, their pain points, our messaging/positioning and our differentiators
- Understand how customers use our product today and how our product helps them building better relationships with their friends
- Use your experience within events to tailor our proposition and pitch so it best fulfils the needs of our clients in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe
- Work with our Client Success teams to track campaign performance and iterate rapidly to make 2018-2019 a real revenue driver
- Review current processes with the sales team and discuss improvements in order to support our sales cycle
We’re looking for someone that understands the ins and outs of the business of events in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe. If you have experience in building a business on greenfield, that’s a significant plus.
- Hunter – Use your finally homed hunting sales skills to open our markets in Scandinavia and Eastern Europe by signing contracts and build the business
- Entrepreneurial - we expect you to have ambition, the drive to succeed, and the ability to get work done without being micromanaged
- Great communicator - you’ll collaborate remotely with multiple functions within Verve and be presenting to potential clients regularly
- Passion for technology - you’re joining a cutting-edge startup and it’s important that you have a love for innovative technology
- A team player - Verve has a collaborative culture an invests heavily in team building and shared success
- Multilingual - you speak fluent English and at least 1 Scandinavian or Eastern Europe language.
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We've established a beachhead in live entertainment, we work with some of the biggest events in the world and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe and Australasia.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of vacation to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
- Competitive startup salary, commission structure & equity options
- Results only working environment - we believe the results of your work matter more than how many hours you spend in the office. As you’ll work remotely you have the freedom to choose where you want to work.
- Unlimited vacation - we want you at the top of your game, so it’s important you take time off when you need it. Plus, we all head off together one week a year for a working retreat.
- Training and development opportunities - at Verve we believe in freedom, ownership and mastery. We’ll invest to make you the best you can be.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.