Director of Event Operations
Do people comment on how well-organized you are? Do you obsess over getting every detail right? Can you keep multiple balls in the air at once? Then we might have the perfect job for you! Verve is looking for a VP of Event Ops to oversee our strategy for our travel brand, JusCollege in hotel, ground transportation, venue, and activities contracting in each travel destination so that JusCollege has the most amazing and competitive travel offerings in the industry.
You’ll have the opportunity to train, manage, grow, and empower the team that will manage all the details for our travelers, ensuring that each one feels that their experience was wildly better than anything they could have booked on their own. You’ll use your superior team skills to work with every part of our organization to create, negotiate and package industry-leading, traveler-delighting travel experiences. You’ll use your process and project expertise to continually improve our offerings. And by keeping suppliers as well as travelers happy, you’ll make everything look easy.
In the next 12 months, you will:
* Create package inclusions with our VP of Sales Strategy so that the perceived value of the trip is clear to our customers
* Collaborate with community to make sure travelers are getting their roommates, payments, and any other relevant information within the deadline to our suppliers so that our suppliers love working with us and want to sign on again
* Train, manage, grow, and empower the operations team who submits rooming lists, ground transportation itineraries, hires and manages full time and seasonal staff, oversees 3rd party contractors such as event production and security, and any other required operational function that means our travelers not only get what they purchased but walk away feeling that their experience was incomparable to anything else they could have booked on their own
* Liaison with accounting to ensure suppliers are paid timely to improve relationship ahead of schedule so they feel appreciated and valued
* Collect and analyze post trip feedback to each team how to improve processes and offerings
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.