Senior Product Manager
Verve is building a global platform that enables people to share the events and experiences they are passionate about with their friends in return for experience-enhancing rewards. Our software already powers the ambassador programmes for some of the biggest music, festival, sports and events brands in the world and following the recent acquisition of JusCollege, a top tier operator in the student travel space in the US, we now have a huge opportunity to grow this market and become the leader in group student travel experiences in North America and beyond. In support of this opportunity, we need an exceptional senior product manager who will redevelop the systems and products underpinning these experiences into something that can support our growth through 2019 and beyond.
We are a collaborative team working across three exciting business models, and as such you can expect the work to be varied and complex. Initially this role will be focused upon the replacement of the legacy technology that powers our student experiences business line. On this basis, in your first 9-12 months you will:
- Complete a rapid discovery process: Working within our student experiences business line in your first 30 days you will conduct a comprehensive discovery process, conducting interviews and workshops with cross-functional specialists across the business to understand (and where appropriate document) the end to end process for creating and selling small and large group student travel experiences.
- Question the status quo: You will actively seek opportunities to simplify, enhance, augment or otherwise improve upon the existing systems and processes, as well as evaluating and where appropriate implementing integrations with third party systems, all whilst maintaining a laser focus on ROI and revenue.
- Develop and communicate a roadmap: Based upon this discovery work you will define a roadmap for building out the systems that will power the management, booking and operation of our 2019/2020 travel experiences, collaborating with your technical counterparts to ensure the scope is deliverable before booking season commences in Spring 2019. You will get buy in from leadership and stakeholders, and communicate your roadmap across the broader student experiences business.
- Deliver your product: You will act as the hands-on agile product owner within a product development team, actively managing the development process so the team delivers against your roadmap to be commence taking bookings at the latest April 2019.
- Run a smooth launch: You will determine the most effective approach to train the business in how to operate your product and ensure all team members are prepared for launch. You will carefully plan and execute the product launch, ensuring no disruption to live operations during the transition from the legacy system to its replacement.
- Iterate and extend: Once the first bookings are being taken through the new system, you will gather and respond to user feedback, establish and evaluate performance against KPIs and continuously seek opportunities to improve your product, as well as looking to extend the feature set to take advantage of new revenue opportunities as they arise.
- Have at least 5 years of direct product management experience including experience of product development in a high growth start-up environment
- Be willing to travel up to one week per month to the US (primarily Las Vegas and LA)
- Be happy to work some days each week time shifted to accommodate US colleagues availability
- Have the right to live and work in the UK
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £80-95k base dependent upon experience + equity; unlimited holiday