Senior Engineer - Data and Platform (Python)
Verve is building a global platform that enables advocates to sell the products they love to their friends. Our entire service is built using Python 3 and Django and we need a Senior Data Engineer to join our team to significantly contribute and shape how we provide reliable data to help the entire company make data-driven decisions while we grow rapidly and take on new challenges.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Contribute towards our company success by building a reliable, fast, event-driven data pipeline that integrates data from external APIs, user behaviour, as well as a legacy database and live Django applications into one data warehouse optimised for usability across the business stakeholders using Python 3
- Use test automation and agile practices to deliver data to stakeholders while our live product is evolving continuously
- Build a culture and awareness of the importance of reliable data in our product teams and implement tools and processes to integrate the product testing suite with the data pipeline testing suite
- Set the quality standard and educate our Data Analysis and BI teams on how to use the data warehouse to create modular and future-proof reports
- Model good leadership behaviour by engaging in peer-to-peer feedback and promoting agile ways of working in the Data and BI teams.
- Be part of our established DevOps culture by contributing to running the data pipeline on our infrastructure
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.
Salary: £70k-£75k base + equity; unlimited holiday