Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
Facilitate a culture of better decision making by working closely with all departments and teams in order to best serve them with digestible, impactful, and actionable business insights.
As a critical member of a small and agile BI team you will engage with team leads, department heads, and senior management throughout the organisation. Your mission is to cultivate an expert familiarity with their distinct processes and flows with an ultimate goal of empowering them with the insights necessary to excel in their roles. Combining your intimate understanding of the business with your unparalleled knowledge of the multiple underlying data models you will build flexible reports optimised to serve most day-to-day business needs and prototype backend solutions to automate repetitive and data-deterministic business processes.
What will you achieve in the next 12 months?
- Be the eyes, ears, and voice of Business Intelligence. Observe data needs and usage across departments and keep your colleagues informed of the latest improvements in our data reporting systems.
- Build, maintain, and improve upon models and dashboards in Looker, ensuring that every team feels confident finding what they need and informed in their decisions. Consistent and thorough documentation of key fields and tables will be key in driving engagement in the org.
- Prepare comprehensive reports and analysis in response to ad hoc data/insight requests and as part of your own explorative curiosity.
- Work closely with the Sales Operations team to ensure that data and reporting in Salesforce is accurate and effective.
- Support the BI Team Lead in prototyping special projects to deliver data, key metrics, analysis, and insights across M&A, strategy, and business performance.
This role will require someone to be especially strong in three areas:
- Problem solving and analytical abilities: the ability to understand a problem, break it down and execute to provide the answer. Beyond analysing the problem in its own right, you must be able to triage incoming problems and discern the relative importance and urgency of new and existing problems in order to prioritise your work effectively.
- Backend/DevOps coding solutions
- Able to work with complex SQL statements
- Able to understand ETL processes with a basic understanding of data architecture best practices
- Able work within the Data Engineering team when needed for scoping out various API’s and testing connections to new data sources. This requires a background in Python and a familiarity with making and handling HTTP requests.
- Able to codify the generation of custom reports and schedulers to ensure teams get the data they need when they need it.
- Proactive communication
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.