Principal Product Designer
Verve is looking for a highly experienced and competent Principal Designer to focus on big tough problems that are rarely seen - but affect everyone who uses our platforms. You’ll be someone with a keen sense of architecture and know how to organise anything into an effective taxonomy, you’ll have keen hard-won UX understandings and know how to create simple out of incredibly complex, and most importantly you’ll be the person who understands that to create a great customer Saas experience you have to create great simple tools - and maintain a flawless service layer.
You might have worked on complex travel products, or maybe complex content driven platforms or Saas - you’ve certainly managed a high performing team of UX designers and diverse stakeholders and mentored them through fast moving, tough-to-grasp problem spaces. You’ve definitely built tools that have powered great experiences - experiences with complex logistics in both the real and digital worlds.
At Verve, Design Leadership doesn’t have to mean ‘people management’ but this role is positioned as ‘management’ rather than pure ‘contributor’. Applicants must have a keen interest in taking on a team, building / maintaining it’s cadences and mentoring talent.
- Reimagine, refine, iterate and lead the design of our many web and app products by combining your hard-won product skills with honest user feedback and expansive data driven research.
- Become the creative go-to in a multi-skilled team of developers, product managers and stakeholders.
- Control - and create from scratch - scalable strategies, user flows, frameworks, behaviours, wireframes, prototypes, libraries, brands, imagery and iconography. You’ll switch effortlessly between low and high definition and you’ll know the best time to make that switch.
- Design elegant and impactful experiences that solve problems for our digital-native and mobile focused users.
- Bring your significant experience into the broader design team - share your knowledge and tools, lead critique, create workshops, curate opinions and drive retrospectives. Coordinate this experience into mentoring and teaching to the design team and global business, including focus on core skills and career development.
- Be an advocate for best-in-class design - but be humble to our users and stakeholders day-to-day needs.
- Show leadership across all of our core products or verticals. UX, flows, visuals, behaviours, metrics, brand, story, IA, tools and service elements- you’ll understand it all, own it all, and you’ll be constantly defining the best way to communicate it all.
- Take something from zero to one - and take complete responsibility for its success (or failure) in the wild. You’ll know how to define what good looks like, and be able to scale it globally.
- Become a go-to design leader across the global business, show clear abilities in mentorship and/or management, and define, create and own leading frameworks / strategies to enable scalable design solutions
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans. At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership.
We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.
Verve care deeply about helping the tech industry become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity through attracting and retaining a complementary team of employees and building an inclusive environment for all.