Head of People
Passionate about growing and maintaining high-performing teams? This role will oversee all things People for our United Kingdom and Europe operations. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to make a big impact within a highly talented, rapidly scaling tech company. In this role you’ll act as HR Business Partner, in-house recruiting advisor, culture champion, and People process implementer. Reporting into the global VP of People, you’ll play a major role in shaping the end-to-end employee experience. We’re looking for someone who is able to problem solve and achieve our business goals by creating their own road map. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic and thoughtful leader - someone who is highly collaborative and develops creative solutions to complex challenges.
Over the next 12 months you will:
- Partner with our hiring managers to ensure we hit our hiring targets and fill open roles with industry-leading talent
- Oversee and improve the end-to-end employee experience in the UK and Europe; ensure employees are set up for success and have the tools they need to be successful in their roles
- Work closely with our development and product teams to help source, place, and coach top tier tech talent
- Create a strong internal reputation as a strategic partner and advisor to our business leaders and their teams in making day-to-day decisions on hiring, compensation, pay transparency, employee development, and employee relations issues
- Live and be an advocate for our company culture based on freedom, mastery, and ownership
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the organisation, and escalate issues as soon as you discover them so that our employees always feel supported through our rapid growth and evolution
- Partner with the VP of People to ensure that we are always maintaining and improving people processes and ensuring our systems are setup to scale
- Partner with a variety of stakeholders (Talent Platform, Legal, Leadership, etc.) to conduct investigations, provide counsel, and facilitate prompt, fair, and effective resolution when workplace concerns arise so that we consistently deliver a positive employee experience.
- Drive our Talent OKRs by analysing our talent data and providing constant feedback to our leadership team so that we can hire and retain the best talent
- Help drive planning and implementation of company-wide Talent Platform initiatives
- Experienced HR professional versed in employment law in the UK and EU and sourcing/hiring high-performing teams
- Proven ability to be the HR business partner for development and product teams in a fast-paced tech environment
- Excellent people skills and a passion for helping people improve themselves and grow in their careers
- An engaging personality and proven experience coaching and mentoring employees
- Track record of integrity, discretion, and ethical behaviour in all work situations
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio across the U.S., UK, Europe, and Australasia. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology for events to connect directly with their biggest fans.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.