Revenue & Operations Analyst
Verve is looking for an operationally-minded analytical guru to join its Operations team to help scale its travel business. The Operations Analyst will be critical in ensuring we grow our business responsibly and profitably. You will work closely with the sales team to ensure they’re tracking towards targets and provide critical insights and guidance to help measure and ensure success. The Operations Analyst will closely monitor customer demand and behavior as well as monitor emerging pricing trends to ensure our travel packages are competitive but profitable. You will partner with the sales and inventory teams to ensure we’re fully leveraging available inventory and that we’re optimizing contracts with supply partners.
This is a high-impact role that will be crucial to the long-term success of the company. You will have the ability to make immediate contributions and help build the framework that allows this company to continue to successfully scale.
What will you achieve in the next 12 months
- Enable the sales management team to ensure their teams are hitting targets by providing analytical support and insights; track actual versus projected sales and provide guidance and recommendations as needed.
- Provide support on the commission planning and forecast process to ensure sales targets are aligned with the budget and that territories are setup optimally.
- Own the pricing process for all travel packages; using market and historical data, ensure products are always priced to be competitive while still driving meaningful margin for the business.
- Oversee inventory reporting and insights. Partner closely with the inventory and sales teams to ensure we’re maintaining optimal levels of inventory across all destinations based on trending sales. Provide recommendations and strategy adjustments to minimize risk and optimize margin.
- Play a critical role in ensuring we convert prospective travelers into paying customers by monitoring and helping to shape our deposit and payment plan processes. Work closely with the community and finance teams to ensure travel groups are converting as anticipated and adjust inventory strategy as needed.
- 3+ years’ experience as a finance, pricing, or operations analyst
- Excel and Google Sheets junky – proven ability to build models that help drive key decisions
- Ability to manipulate large sets of data with extreme attention to detail; experience transforming large datasets into meaningful stories
- Excellent communicator and able to manage stakeholders across multiple departments/functions
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and manage priorities effectively
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio globally. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology in the Sports and Travel verticals.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.