Director of Sales - West
Does the idea of driving sales for a company whose mission is to create amazing and exclusive experiences ignite your productive spirit? Verve, the leader in peer-to-peer travel and event marketing, needs an experienced Director of Sales to dramatically scale the size and activity of our western U.S. sales team over the next 12 months.
Working from our Los Angeles Arts District office or our Henderson, NV office, you will bring your sales leadership expertise to our vibrant cross-functional, international team. As you excel in your mission to create and drive our outbound sales strategy you will leverage our travel destinations while providing a brilliant customer experience.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Lead, manage and scale our outbound sales team from around 5 people to more than 10 over the next 12 months. Execute against your plan, which will be measured through team performance, development and satisfaction
- Define and implement systems and processes in order to create a perfect sales experience to scale your team more efficiently and effectively, developing play books and collateral for on-boarding and team ramp-up
- Drive teams in multi-touchpoint selling techniques including social media, email, text and phone based selling
- Measure overall team performance by developing key metrics and and KPI’s which are tracked through Salesforce
- Whip smart - we’re looking for candidates with a keen intellect who are able to learn the things they don’t know fast
- Accountable - understands professional responsibility and ownership, and possesses the "intelligent empathy" to both nurture and drive a sales organization towards stretch goals
- Adaptable - everyday can present different challenges in a startup, you’ll be expected to apply yourself over a variety of tasks and challenges on a daily basis
- Analytical - able to assess and leverage systems and processes to figure out more effective ways to streamline and create best practices
- Hustle - we need someone with a sense of urgency who's not afraid of doing what it takes to get the best results
- Passionate - about supporting employees, creating a great working environment, making a difference
- A team player - we like each other at Verve and work hard so everyone can succeed. It’s important to us that you fit in well with our team ethos.
Verve is building a platform which enables our global network of advocates to sell products and services they love to their friends in exchange for unique experiences and rewards. We‘ve established a beachhead in live entertainment and work with some of the biggest events in the world, and are rapidly expanding our festival and event portfolio globally. As we continue to expand rapidly within this market, we’re also developing and launching exciting new technology in the Sports and Travel verticals.
At Verve we believe in a culture of freedom and ownership. We empower you to own the value you create and impact on our future success. And we believe that to act as an owner you should be empowered to work in the way that enables you to deliver the best results – how and when you do is up to you. You choose your hours, where you work, the meetings you attend and the amount of holiday to take in order to create the most value and be at your best.